Healing power of nature
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct health care profession, which emphasizes prevention, treatment and optimal health through the use of natural therapeutic methods and substances that encourage the body’s inherent self-healing processes to restore health. Naturopathic medicine is holistic, and takes into account the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual factors affecting health. Naturopathic Doctors use a wide range of natural treatment modalities including nutrition, herbal medicine, acupuncture, homeopathic medicine, and lifestyle counseling.
Many conditions, acute and chronic, can be treated by Naturopathic Medicine. Doctors of Naturopathic Medicine refer, when necessary, to other health care practitioners so the patient will benefit from the skills of each practitioner. Most people do not function at their optimum level of health. Naturopathic treatments assist the person to reach his or her full potential
Our bodies have the inherent ability to maintain and restore health. Naturopathic Medicine supports this endeavor using remedies and techniques that are in harmony with natural processes, preferring noninvasive treatments which minimize the risks of harmful side effects.
Naturopathic medicine can treat some disorders such as:
• Pain, including headache, muscle, joint and back paint, and sports injuries.
• Fatigue, depression, poor memory, difficulty in concentrating, lack of incentive.
• Digestive problems such as irritable bowel, stomach upset, intestinal dysfunction, constipation and diarrhea.
• Gynecological problems including infections, PMS, cramps and menopause.
• Weight reduction.
• Breaking habits/addictions such as smoking, medications or alcohol and caffeine.
• Lowered immune function and autoimmune disease.
• Attention Deficit Disorder, hyperactivity.
• Chronic degenerative diseases, diabetes, hypoglycemia, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis.
• Environmental and food related allergies.
• Colds and flu chronic infections, sinusitis and asthma